Hello guys! So, like most of you I have a few New Year’s resolutions that I made (including starting this blog). However, this year I am taking a little bit of a different approach to accomplishing them. Instead of making the typical resolutions and saying that I am going to do something I am challenging myself to do something every month.
I laid out my monthly challenges in an article I wrote for The Odyssey, an online media outlet for college students that allows them to share their thoughts and ideas with the world. Below I am providing you with a checklist of the monthly “challenges” that I laid out for myself, but I encourage you to check out the full article for all the details. You can find it here! If you like what you read please share it.
- January– Take a road trip/day trip somewhere (for me I plan to take a trip of to Flagstaff, Arizona with my sisters)
- February– Spread love to our family, friends, and strangers through a phone call, card, or a random act of kindness
- March– Bring flowers to someone who could use a smile
- April– Laugh a little extra
- May– Plan my vacation/staycation for the summer (Fun fact about me… I am a major planner)
- June– Late night drive with my best friends blasting music
- July– Spend time with my family for the 4th of July (planning on eating a lot of watermelon, hamburgers, and ice cream)
- August– Slow down and take time to appreciate my sorority sisters (it’s recruitment season for all of us that participate in Greek life)
- September– Remind myself of my academic goals
- October– Appreciate the changing colors in nature
- November– Serve the community in a NEW way
- December– Learn who started a family holiday tradition and when it originated
What resolutions did you guys make this year (if any). I would love to hear about them and what you are doing to stick to them (that’s the challenge right)!